Sailing Programme - next three weeks
|Sunday||16||12:00hrs||Winter sailing, good weather only.|
|A full sailing programme can be found here|
|About Club Racing.|
|The Club sails on Saturdays and/or Sundays from September through to April. We also run a winter series for those who are keen. Sailing times vary to coincide with incoming tides. Handicap racing ensures all sailors have an opportunity to compete on a fair basis and perhaps take home a trophy even when sailing an older boat.|
|Safe sailing under Covid19 Level 1|
We can return without restriction to our sport.
We should all continue to keep track of where we've been and who we've seen to assist with rapid contract tracing if required.
|Safe sailing under Covid19 Level 2|
To allow for safe sailing under L2 we must consider.
1. Not sailing or even attending our Club if we feel unwell or have covid19 symptoms.
2. Keep to the physical distancing requirements and work within our “bubbles”. This is particularly important for support teams and guests. Reduce to a minimum mingling and chatting. Standing outside on the balcony (in the wind) is better.
3. Apply the hygiene recommendations already published.
4. No canteen and no showers.
5. The Cab must have an RO or observer while boats are on the water.
6. The skippers briefing to be run from the balcony negating the need for crews to gather in the clubrooms.
7. One person to do the registration of boats, crews, support teams and any other guests. This can be done, in the main, from the balcony. For Club members name only is required and for all others address and contact number is required. The list to be retained in the cab.
8. Toilets may be used. All internal doors should be jammed open to allow wind through.
9. After the day is completed lock up and walk away, leave cleaning for another week.
10. Wearing of masks in the club rooms is recommended.
11. The information available suggests the most common way Covid19 spreads is person to person through water droplets exhaled as we breath. Standing apart in the wind reduces this chance.
|Health and Safety|
|New to sailing well here is my checklist of stuff we might think about, look at and maybe check on to help us avoid injury. Remember also a big part of safe sailing is attending the skippers briefing before any event.|
Previous Health and Safety releases
(December 2018 - Click here)
(February 2019 - Click here)
(June 2019 - Click here)